School teachers are happy! Now it’s your turn to take charge of your children for the summer!
When the final school bell rings you may think to duck and cover! I need to entertain my kiddos for the next 10 weeks? Don’t panic!
- Let’s DIY! There’s nothing better than having your kids create new things, and slime is all the rave this year. Check out this non-toxic recipe for your kids to perfect this ooey gooey substance.
- Go Green! Get the kids involved with summer gardening. Whether you are interested in flowers or fruits and vegetables, bring the kids to the nursery. Have them pick and plant their own section of the garden.
- Get Wet! Check out the local pool. Plan a visit with friends and entertain everyone for hours. Looking to cool off at home? Kids love water balloons! They are easier than ever with products such as Bunch-O-Balloons.
- Stay Active! Sports camps are great for kids, and typically run for a week at a time. This is the perfect opportunity to see friends and get a jump start on the next season.
- Explore the outdoors! Take your trail walk to the next level with Geocaching. Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location. I love to do this with my kids! Turn an ordinary trail walk into an adventure.
- Avoid the dreaded, “I’m Bored!” Make a jar full of pieces of paper, each having a different small activity: Cooking, build a puzzle, X-box, math facts, reading, and much more. Every time your child says they’re bored, have them pick a new activity from the jar.
Explore these time tested tricks and keep everyone happy!