Summer Spirits that will keep your guests satisfied!
Are you adventurous? Grab a few bottles of spirits, some fresh fruit & juice and start mixing. Here are some tasteful treats I’ve enjoyed…
- 5 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 large cucumber peeled and chunked
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey (I like agave nectar)
- 2/3 cup vodka (more or less depending on the crowd!)
- colorful garnish of your choice (I like a mint leaf for aroma)
Puree your watermelon and cucumber. Press through a fine mesh sieve when pureed to remove the solids. Mix with the remaining ingredients and Voila!
This cocktail pairs perfectly with rustic fired pizza on the grill.
- 6 ounces hot water
- 4 tea bags (I like black tea)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of honey to taste (again…I prefer agave nectar)
- 12 ounces of citrus vodka
In a large pitcher, steep tea for 5-10 minutes depending on how strong you like it. Mix in the sweetener of your choice and then chill for 1/2 hour. Stir in lemon juice and vodka. Pour over ice and serve. Don’t forget to garnish…this drink also looks great with a mint leaf or some fresh raspberries! Grill some hot dogs, hamburgers and vegetables, and you have yourself a tasty afternoon.
- red wine of our choice (I would choose a dry wine)
- vodka (I like to use a flavored vodka: citrus or raspberry)
- fresh squeezed orange, lemon and lime juice
Mix the above ingredients to your taste and serve over ice! This sangria variation definitely has a kick for the man in your life! Throw a rack of ribs on the grill, corn on the cob and let the good times roll.
The key to a great gathering is great company! Invite, Entertain and Enjoy….