Interested in building a new home? Maronda Homes, located in several locations throughout Central Ohio, so if you’re thinking about taking advantage of this great time to build a home, here are 10 Tips for Building:
1. Get educated on the home-building process. Nothing’s worse than having the construction of your new dream home delayed by an unreliable builder. For the best bet, talk to one of our community consultants at Maronda Homes, and they’ll walk you through the process, step-by-step, until your new home is a reality.
2. Pick home-builder that communicates well. Building your dream home is one of the most wonderful decisions of your life, and having someone there to help smooth out the rough patches for you is invaluable.
3. Make three separate lists: 1) attributes your new home must have, 2) attributes you’d like for your new home to have, and 3) attributes you’d like but could do without. This compromise not only helps you find the home you’re looking to build faster, but helps the actual building process move along faster, too.
4. Design rooms to take advantage of day lighting. A good amount of sunlight will brighten your day—literally—and will help decrease on energy bills later on, both from lower heating bills and lower electricity bills. If you like a lot of sunlight during the day, confirm that the orientation of your home on your lot is acceptable.
5. Purchase a programmable thermostat that can automatically lower your temperature at night and when you are away. Another greener option, this will help save you money on your utility bills.
6. Get to know the builder. Make sure to check them out before you start building. Ask around the community; see what people have to say, or even check with the city building department. You’ll want to make sure the builder has a good reputation in the community, especially where promptness and the quality of the home are concerned.
7. Research the schools in your building area. Good schools mean family-friendly neighborhoods, and Maronda Homes is building in several Central Ohio locations with great schools, perfect for starting your family.
8. Check the neighborhood where you’re considering building. Are the crime statistics high? What’s being built across the street? What is traffic like?
9. Look at your home as an investment. Plans change, and you may be headed somewhere else sometime down the road. Make sure you’re building a home in an area where other people would want to live. Selling may or may not happen, but you might as well consider it when building your new home.
10. Pick a floor plan that fits your family. Maronda Homes has several different floor plans that you may choose from, so no matter what family type you currently have or plan to have, Maronda Homes has a floor plan that will fit your families life style.