One benefit of moving into a new home is getting the opportunity to organize your space. Since the kitchen typically gets the most use in your home, it’s a good idea to tackle this room first. Here are a few smart organizing tips to help get you started:
- Everything in its place – Keep cookbooks on an open shelf, as long they’re not exposed to heat and humidity from the refrigerator or stove. Place items you use most often, such as your everyday dishes, on lower shelves and move special occasion pieces up above. Group similar objects by purpose, such as bake ware and food storage containers, and assign them to specific cabinets.
- Assign a cooking zone – Store your pots and pans as close to the stove as possible, so they’re always handy when needed. Make food preparation more efficient by keeping essential tools together within easy reach of your cooking area.
- Install organizers – Frequently used gear will be easy to access in your new home when you install sliding shelf organizers. Drawer organizers also keep cutlery separate, so you don’t have to waste time rummaging around for a needed utensil. Another handy organizer to consider is the easy-to-clean lazy Susan. They are great for storing spices, sticky or spill able food items on a pantry shelf.
- Items on display – Show off your good china or antique bowls by displaying them in glass-front cabinets. If you have open shelves, keep them uncluttered by using airy rattan baskets to store items. See-through wire baskets are useful for storing snacks for your family to quickly grab on the go. Conserve storage space by hanging pots and pans near your stove.
- Declutter counters – Keep your counters clear for food preparation by keeping small appliances under the cabinet, and mounting basics like a calendar and to-do lists on the wall. Consider installing a retractable book stand to keep a recipe at eye level while you’re working. Once you’re done, simply fold the stand back under a cabinet.
You will be hard pressed to find a more affordable, better built new home than one made by Maronda Homes. The Maronda name has been synonymous with uncompromising quality, commitment to customer satisfaction, and outstanding value for more than four decades. Visit our website today to learn why a Maronda home is better built, by design.