One feature that buyers appreciate in new homes in Central Ohio is a fireplace. Not only does a fireplace keep you warm in the winter, but it can be an attractive focal point for the entire room. Here are a few ways to accentuate the fireplace in your new home:
1. Create a statement – Hang a bold piece of artwork over the mantle to draw attention. Create cohesion by finding a piece that pulls together decorative elements from the rest of the room.
2. Paint the mantle – Add some pizzazz to your fireplace by painting the mantle a color that makes it pop from the rest of the room.
3. Fill it with objects – When the fireplace is not in use, fill it with unexpected objects to maintain it as a focal point. Spherical balls, for instance, provide a nice contrast to the fireplace’s rectangular shape.
4. Add eye-catching wall treatment – Many new homes in Central Ohio feature wallpaper or paint on the wall surrounding the fireplace. But that doesn’t mean you have to stick with that format. Liven things up with a textured wall treatment instead.
5. Think symmetry – Add a classic touch to your mantel with a symmetrical arrangement of items, such as a pair of wall sconces mounted on each side of the fireplace, with a round mirror in the middle. Similar shaped objects placed on the mantel will maintain the orderly look.
6. Double reflection – For a new spin on the mirror-above-the-mantel look, try layering a small mirror over a larger one. Hang a large, plain mirror above your fireplace mantel and then place a smaller, decorative mirror in front.
When you’re looking for the best new homes in Central Ohio, please visit one of our beautifully decorated models by Maronda Homes. Visit the Maronda website to learn more about the beautiful homes for sale in Central Ohio.