All the tricks you need to perform the typical cleanings of summer we tell you in the fastest and simplest way always thinking about your comfort and tranquility.
The summer, a time to enjoy the outdoors and that in turn is accompanied by unwanted guests to our home as bad odors, dust or sand due to the heat, windows always open, or the return of the beach, but do not despair … with our tricks in a short time you will forget how expensive it can be to keep your house clean in a beautiful summer.
COMBAT DUST, NOW!
In summer the windows of our home remain open for longer, especially at night. And it is the perfect opportunity for dust to enter.
– Pass the vacuum cleaner. It is the most effective to eliminate dust. It is advisable to vacuum twice a week, and washing the floor one of those days would be the perfect combination for the soil to last longer.
– Remove dust with a chamois trap dust. It is better than with a duster, because instead of catching it lifts it. In dark furniture the dust is more evident, so you should spend more time.
– Be careful with the sand. It is a battle lost in advance, so do not despair: if you come from the beach it is inevitable that you bring a little sand with you. If you take the habit of shaking well the towel and the chanchas before entering the house, you will reduce to the minimum expression the amount of sand that will invade your house. Put a doormat in the hall and, if you can, bring all the beach supplies in a bag so that they do not leave a trail of sand.
LET YOUR HOME TAKE AIR FOR TEN MINUTES IN THE FIRST HOUR OF MORNING AND AT LAST AFTERNOON, TRY NOT TO OPEN THE WINDOWS DURING THE DAY, SO YOU WILL AVOID BETWEEN THE HEAT.
With only 30 minutes a day you can keep your house in order without much effort, and avoid falling into despair. Pay attention to the soil and the areas most sensitive to dirt, such as the kitchen and the bathroom.
– In the kitchen. The heat is in favor of the bacteria, that is, it makes them proliferate, for this Clean the utensils well after each use and do not break the cold chain of the food.
– In the bathroom. Ventilate after each shower to prevent moisture from accumulating. Clean the toilets a couple of times a week preferably with boiled water, which will help fight bacteria and change the towels every 2 or 3 days.
SAY BYE BYE TO THE BAD ODORS!
– Pipelines. It is common for the heat to emit an unpleasant smell. To avoid this pour into the pipes a mixture of 200 ml of vinegar, 500 ml of water and 100 g of bicarbonate. Let it act for a while and then rinse with hot water.
It is important to note that there are foods with a lot of smell, such as fish and some vegetables. If you do not want those unpleasant odors to take over your kitchen for days, boil a saucepan with vinegar and citrus peels. You will see how it will neutralize odors immediately.
You can also add a fragrance of your taste To set your home.
– Garbage without odors. The best thing is to empty the garbage as soon as possible. You can use garbage bags smaller than normal and so you do not waste so much plastic.
CREATE AN ANTI-INSECT BARRIER
– Plants and aromatics. In addition to naturally perfuming the house, they create an anti-insect barrier. For flies, keep the basil and mint windows near. And for mosquitoes, lavender, citronella and royal jasmine (perfect on bars and lattices).
– Be careful with water. Do not have containers with water on the terrace or balcony, it is the main infectious focus, so you will prevent them from reproducing. You can make an effective “trap mosquitos” by placing a paper funnel in the mouth of a glass with water and apple cider vinegar.
– If they are made of wood. The best thing is that you protect them with lasures that penetrate the wood and do not create an external film, as traditional varnishes do. This film is the one that with the sun creates a magnifying effect that dries and ends up breaking the wood.
BE CONSTANT WITH THE BED CLOTHES
– If you have spots. To make the sheets white, program a medium wash at 90 ° C and add a cup of baking soda to the detergent. Never use the dryer with sweat stains, it could be fixed more.
– Be careful with the sun. Although it is great because it dries in a few hours, do not store clothes in full sun, especially the color, because it will decorate faster.
– Sunscreen. It is eliminated by rubbing with soap and putting the garment in soaking in a bowl with lemon juice and salt.
CARING FOR OUTSIDE FURNITURE
Awnings and umbrellas protect wood and fibers from the sun and rain from metal furniture. When you do not use them, store them in a dry and semi-dark place.
– If they are fiber. Check them with the vacuum cleaner once a week. If they have spots, treat them with salt water. And if they have lost color, sprinkle with lemon juice.