Bold design choices are happening in every room in 2019. Whether you are buying a new home or simply redecorating a room, here is everything you need to know from the designers who set the trends.
- Big Bold Plants: According to designer Kenny Colvin, “A dragon tree, a rubber tree or any kind of palm tree make eye-catching statements anywhere in a home. You can flank your sofa with one on each side or situate one in any corner. The bigger, the better here.”
- Colored Appliances: Long gone are the days of being tied to white, black, or stainless steel appliances. Step into 2019 with some color in your kitchen. Matte color is all the rage! Whether a charcoal, navy or bright coral compliment your style…Don’t be afraid to express yourself with some color!
- Painted Ceilings: As we know, most homes of today have stunning high and cathedral ceilings. Use this feature to create a new dimension in your favorite room. Designers are choosing light walls and dark ceilings to create depth.
- Go Green: No matter the hue, green is the “IT” color this year. This color symbolizes nature, growth, harmony, and safety. Any shade of green throughout a home will cast a feeling of calm and happiness.
- Bye-bye White Kitchens: Moodier hued kitchen design ideas are sure to quickly add an elegant sense of drama to any home, are easier to manage, and are an elegant alternative to standard ivories. Consider warm terracotta, navy blues, and even black cabinetry offset with gold tone hardware!
Be bold and confident in your design choices this year. At the end of the day, your home is an extension of your personal style. Don’t be afraid to show it off!