Selling your home should not be left to chance! Take a look at some time tested tips to get your house sold quickly, and for the right price.
Selling a home is a job for a professional
- Get a good agent. Not a friend of a friend – or your Uncle Joe who just got his real estate license. Your house is one of your biggest assets, and this is no time to do someone else a favor. Call a local real estate office and ask for their top salesperson. Interview a few agents and ask them to tell you what their marketing plan is for your home.
- The price is right. Try not to get emotionally stuck on a certain price. Research prices on sites like Zillow where you can see what other homes are selling for. Have your agent provide you a detailed comparative analysis.
- Consider offering agent bonuses. Offer a bonus to the first agent that brings in an asking price offer. Think about contributing to a buyers closing costs. Everyone likes to feel like they are getting something for their efforts…Make your home worth their consideration.
Prepare your home outside and inside
- Curb appeal is key! This is a buyers first impression of your home. Clean landscaping and exterior facade can be enough to peek a buyers interest, and make them want to come inside. Get the home power washed, paint the trim and the doors, put on new exterior lights and an attractive door ornament, and give your plants some sprucing up.
- De-clutter the interior. You want the potential buyers to picture themselves living in the house. Remove personal photos from the walls, and replace them with neutral framed art. Take everything off the counter tops in the kitchen to make it seem like there is more space. Remove any unnecessary furniture and put it into storage. Empty your personal items from closets to maek them appear larger. Reduce all the extra clutter throughout the house to make it feel bigger, more spacious and buyer friendly! Self-storage locations are everywhere…Invest in a storage unit to hold your personal items during this time.
- Social media can be your friend! In this day and age of internet savvy consumers, social media presence can make or break you. Get social! Market how amazing your home is on all of your social channels, and ask your friends to share as well. We all like, LIKeS! So be proud of what you’re selling and get it out there for the world to see.
Selling a home is not necessarily an easy task! Work smart, not hard and hire some professionals to work their magic. Do your part by contributing to their success where you can. Just think…The more money you can get, and the faster you sell, the quicker you can make the final decisions on your new home!