Is caffeine everyone’s best friend?
Here at Maronda, coffee can always be spotted in every office and room. The coffee break room is always the busiest and most social place in any office, but why is that? Caffeine. The number one addiction in America. If you ask a coworker though, what really is caffeine?
Caffeine is a substance found naturally in the leaves, seeds, fruits and nuts of more than sixty different plants including tea leaves, coffee beans, and is also found in many carbonated beverages such as colas. Synthetically produced caffeine is added to certain food products and added to many over-the-counter medicines.
Have you ever wondered why Starbucks is so popular?
Even the cheapest amongst us seems to pay top dollar for the niche market that is Starbucks. This is addiction both caffeine related and label related. The iconic cup has become a staple in everyday life, just like having an Iphone. The ambiance of the cafe, baristas and the product are crafted to not only pull you in with the company alone, but the coffee is addicting. The personality behind your coffee is also a reason to be addicted.
Caffeine can be consumed, but here are some other options:
- Get more sleep, rest, and relaxation.
- Enjoy wakeup time and change morning routines even in small ways. Breathe fresh air, walk, and drink room temperature water adding a twist of lemon.
- Use positive affirmations to kick start your day, your mind and your life.
- Switch to decaffeinated beverages. Say “no” to colas and other carbonated drinks.
- Refuse to be overwhelmed.