Maronda Homes offers the following recommendations from The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission:
- Always supervise. Never leave a child unsupervised near a pool and designate a “water watcher” during swim time.
- Instruct babysitters about the need for constant supervision and the potential hazards to young children in and around swimming pools.
- Don’t allow children to play in the pool area. Remove all toys, tricycles – anything a child might want to get – from the vicinity.
- Completely enclose the pool area. All fencing or material used must meet city and county safety requirements. Install self-closing and self-latching gates. Latches should be out of reach of young children and checked frequently to make sure they are working properly. This will help create “layers of protection” around the perimeter.
- Even if they have had swimming lessons, children of any age should always be watched carefully while in or around the swimming pool.
- Do not use flotation devices as a substitute for supervision- including water wings and float tubes.
- Always remove the cover completely and never use a swimming pool with its pool cover partially in place. Children may become entrapped under it. In addition, educate your children that pool covers or pool solar blankets cannot be walked on. Covers are not intended to support the weight of a child or adult.
- Keep a telephone at poolside with emergency numbers at the poolside telephone.
- Learn CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation).
Please visit Maronda Homes of Columbus Ohio to view some of our wonderful floor plans as well as to schedule a visit to view our communities with homes sites large enough to put in that backyard pool for your family. You can also learn more about our incentives, and pricing. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.