Coordinates and oversees the production of new homes. Ensures adherence to established policies and procedures. Manages superintendents, subcontractors and company crews. Monitors and controls production costs. Acts as a liaison between Maronda Homes Inc., and external contacts. Acts as qualifying agent with active license for permitting.
Reports to: Vice President I Division Manager
Supervises: Production Manager I Production Superintendents, Service Manager(s), Vendor I Subcontractors I Suppliers
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensures quality of construction by overseeing and/or performing a variety of inspections throughout all phases of building.
· Ensures adherence to company policies and procedures and to company, state and local government building specifications.
· Controls production costs.
· Negotiates bids I prices with suppliers and subcontractors. Continually evaluates existing bids for competitiveness. Obtains VP I Division Managers approval before accepting price increases.
· Resolves problem invoices. Monitors cost over runs and works to reduce.
· Develops, updates and maintains area figure costs for all existing and new developments. Works on take-offs and master specific cost sheet adjustments to improve efficiencies.
· Minimum 4 yr College degree
· 7 Years of varied residential construction experience with a minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience needed.
· Contractor’s license required.
· Ability to diplomatically communicate with others required.