Steps to Building Your New Construction Home
Watching a brand new home take shape is a rewarding experience for any of our customers. From the first dig of the foundation to the last coat of paint, it's definitely something you'll never forget.
At Maronda Homes, we take pride in the way we build our homes, and we want to share our enthusiasm and expertise with you. Not only do we build the components of your home in the most efficient and effective way possible, but we'll help you understand every piece that goes into your home - so you can know it inside and out.
Before your dream home begins to take shape, you need to choose the perfect home design. Maronda Homes makes this easy by virtually offering interactive floor plans, 360 tours, and a color selection tool with online visualizers. You can also visit our website to view different communities in your area, and visit our model homes to get an up-close look at our quality construction and modern floor plans.
You’ll meet with a member of our knowledgeable sales team once you have a community and home design in mind. You’ll also visit our selection center to choose your finishes in person! Read more about the home buying process with Maronda.
Once the paperwork is signed and our team is ready to start building your home, you can expect six to ten months from first dig to move-in ready. The time to build your Maronda home can vary due to inclement weather, or production and supply availability from our vendor partners. Our goal is to build your home quickly, meeting all safety and regulatory guidelines.
Our construction process consists of:
- Slab on Grade or Foundation – The key to any home is a solid foundation. In homes with basements, we'll pour concrete or construct masonry walls and install energy saving insulation and a moisture prevention system consisting of waterproofing and a drainage system. Our foundation will provide excellent structural support for your home.
- Framing – Your home will take shape from the bottom floor panels and walls all the way up to the roof frame. Once framed, we'll install roof shingles, exterior doors and windows, and begin constructing your garage.
- Rough Mechanicals – Once your home is framed, all the rough mechanicals, like the HVAC heating and cooling ducts, will be installed. Then, the plumbing lines are put in and the wiring for electrical outlets, smoke detectors, and telephone and cable lines are added. This phase covers anything in the walls or floors that are covered later by drywall.
- Insulation and Drywall – After the inspection of your home's rough mechanicals, your insulation will be added. The Production Supervisor will then conduct a pre-drywall walkthrough to ensure the customer's selections are in place.
- Final Details – Your home will then be fitted with trim and exterior finishes followed by the shaping of your yard and the finishing of your mechanicals, which includes your new toilets, sinks and faucets, cabinets and countertops, floor registers, light switches and fixtures, and outlet plugs.
- Pre-Settlement Walkthrough – Once your home has received a Certificate of Occupancy and the final details are in place, your Production Supervisor will educate you about every aspect of your home with a one to two-hour walkthrough.
During this orientation, we'll teach you about the operation of your home. You will also have the chance to inspect every inch of your home to ensure it meets your expectations.
- Closing – About a week later at your follow-up meeting, you will sign off on your new home. We know you’re excited to get into your new home, but the closing can take a bit of time due to the volume of paperwork required. When the paperwork is complete, we hand you the keys!
Congratulations! You're now a proud owner of a brand new Maronda Home! Once you get the keys, you can open the door to your brand new lifestyle.